For the health and safety of all IMS Museum guests and our employees, management has adopted rules for everyone entering the Museum building based on Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and best practices. We strongly encourage you to review our guidelines (below) before visiting the Museum. You may also download and print a copy – please click here. Thank you for your continued support and understanding!
What to know before your visit:
- Masks are mandatory for all visitors age 2 and over in the IMS Museum building and tour busses, per Marion County requirement. Please bring your own mask.
- Health check: All visitors must first check in at the IMS Museum main entrance and undergo a quick, no-contact temperature check. Any guest registering a fever (100.4 degrees Fahrenheit/38 Celsius or higher) will be asked to leave, along with their party.
- Temporarily offline: For now, the Museum will not accept cash, and the ATM is not available. Please use credit and debit cards only. Also, ticket “pass outs” are suspended, meaning visitors may not purchase a museum admission ticket, leave the museum and re-enter later that day. (This policy does not apply to IMS Museum members, but members will have to be re-screened upon re-entry.)
- Routine maintenance: Wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer before and after touching anything in the museum’s public spaces, and please observe social distancing (6 feet or more). When possible, avoid unnecessary contact altogether.
- No rush: Most importantly, if you feel ill, please stay home! “From the Vault presented by Bank of America” runs through April 20, 2021, and “Granatelli: Larger Than Life presented by O’Donovan & McCardel Wealth Management of Raymond James” runs through 2021. New exhibits will come online in 2021 as well; there is plenty of time to see all the IMS Museum has to offer.
Visitor Expectations: What is the IMS Museum doing to ensure your health?
- Vigilance: All museum staff are required to wear masks in public areas, and they must undergo a temperature check each day.
- Capacity is restricted: A maximum of 125 guests will be permitted inside the Museum building at a time (including IMS Photo Retail and Gift Shops). Tour bus and tram capacity is also highly restricted. Directional aisleways and additional spaces between exhibits have been created to maximize social distancing.
- Interactives: All interactive kiosks and displays are temporarily closed.
- At the Ready: IMS Museum staff have installed plexiglass barriers in the lobby, nine hand sanitizing stations throughout the Museum, and implemented a robust, ongoing cleaning and sanitizing schedule for all public surfaces.
Questions? Please call the welcome desk at 317-492-6784 during business hours. See you soon!